Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Lunch Date

I was rereading yesterday's post regarding my first day back from vacation and all the highs (and lows) that occurred, when I realized that I forgot one of my most favorite parts of the day! 11:50-12:30= daily lunch date with my 4th grade team!

You see, our real lunch time is at 10:30 in the morning, and we're usually still drinking coffee at that point in the day. So, when our students go off to music, art, or whatever "special" they have, we meet together in one of our classrooms and eat. We often share lively conversation, many laughs, the occasional snort, and the even more occasional cupcake.

I look forward to our microwave competitions and our inappropriate banter (yes, we have to close the door now and then). I know if I need to vent, they are there to listen and lend support and vice versa. If I need a hilarious story to perk up my afternoon, someone most definitely has one to share.

But best of all, we have grown so close this year as a result of our HUGE new school. We don't dare drift off to other parts of the building for fear we won't find our way back in time to meet our students! So, we stick together. It is truly a wonderful place to work and, as mushy as this sounds, I'm so thankful to work with a team of fantastic women.

1 comment:

  1. We are a fabulous group of individuals. It is wonderful to have a safe, caring place to be with people who love you. BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete