Friday, January 13, 2012

Love/Hate Relationship

I hate snow. I love snow. Isn't that how a love/hate relationship works? I know it's winter and I know it's supposed to snow, but I really, really, really despise driving in it. That's actually my only complaint. Snow, itself is rather pretty. I like watching it slowly drift to the ground from the comfort of my warm home. I like snowmen. I like snow angels. I don't even mind shoveling it. But, my dislike for driving in it makes me hate it.

However, I do love a snow day! There truly is nothing better than a surprise day off from work. A day usually spent in pajamas, watching day time T.V., grading the occasional paper. My enjoyment of snow days makes me love snow.

I was certain yesterday was going to be a snow day. An unexpected, yet predicted, day off from school. A chance to sleep in and catch up on some things at home. My car would've stayed parked in the garage...not a snowflake on it.

That wasn't the case, much to my surprise and disappointment. It was worse case scenario: no snow in the morning; bad roads in the afternoon. Ugh.

Last year at this time we had already used three or four snow days. This year, not a one. Zip, zero, nada.

Come on snow, stop sending me mixed signals.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Heather - as usual you've spoken the unspoken words, we all hear in our heads. We love it, but we hate it. I'm with you girl, come on snow . . . DAY!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete