Sunday, January 15, 2012

Becoming a Mrs.: Part One



It's funny. When I first started this blog in 2010, I was certain I would use it to write about my wedding plans and then, of course, to document the big day. As it turned out, I was too busy enjoying those moments to write about them. Life just got extremely hectic last fall and I found myself with little time or desire to record my thoughts and feelings about getting married. It's too bad, really. I know, down the road, I would've immensely enjoyed rereading those posts. Looking back, I have many grande memories. There are so many sweet moments and details I could share, but instead I'd like to share some awkward moments that made our perfect day slightly imperfect, but even more memorable. Starting with the night before...

Our rehearsal was scheduled for 4:00 and our rehearsal dinner was scheduled for 6:00. The two locations were a stone's throw away from one another. In hindsight, we should've gone for 4:30 and 5:30, respectively. The rehearsal was quick and easy. We were done by 4:30 and had some time to kill. The Mr. and I had a lot of things that needed to be dropped off at our reception site after the rehearsal, so we invited all of our immediate family, eight people total, to come along and help unload our vehicles. It was not a wise choice. The reception site was in complete disarray and our entourage created even more chaos and confusion. Seeing the place in its messy state made me very anxious about the reception. Think: tables on top of tables, crates of dishes and glasses everywhere, couches leaning up against walls, chairs strewn about, and flowers everywhere. (On the plus side, it smelled fantastic!) I also felt badly that we unexpectedly dropped in on them with so many people. Anxiety and guilt does not make for a happy bride-to-be.

In the end, the place was beautiful. My father and brother dropped the cake off in the morning of the wedding day and both called, separately, to tell me how stunning everything looked. That relieved my anxiety until I could see it in person. I emailed the planners on the morning of the wedding and apologized for surprising them with so many people during our scheduled drop-off. That relieved my guilt.

Entering our reception: The cocktail area, including the photo booth:




The tables: Short and tall flower arrangements, vintage books, green silk linens with an ivory overlay, votives, painted wood table number, homemade caramel popcorn, and vintage accessories.








The first picture of us was taken outside of the studio. Notice the votives on the ground leading to the entry way. Also notice the post office boxes. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment