"In my friend, I find a second self," -Isabel Norton
Just when we both needed it most, our lives collided in the most unexpected, yet beautiful way. Sitting in a room of 50+ strangers in a school cafeteria on a sticky, August morning, Jenn and I gravitated toward one another because, well, because we each had that "oh, shit" look in our eyes. That first day of school in 2005, as new teachers in a large school district, proved to be one of the most significant moments in my life. That's when I met my best friend.
Jenn and I hit it off immediately and have been sidekicks ever since. We laugh together, cry together, shoot silent looks back and forth that say more than words could express, dwell together, complain together, and most importantly, celebrate together. She's a joy to have in my life. Not only am I blessed for having her as a friend, I'm grateful that she reminded me how to be a good friend in turn.
No comments:
Post a Comment