At the start of November I challenged myself to reflect and blog everyday about the many things I'm thankful for. Today is the grand finale. It's Thanksgiving! A day everyone should count their blessings and express gratitude. I will end my blog-a-day challenge with a genuine, heartfelt expression of thanks.
When I think of the word "family" I think of love, support, encouragement, comfort, traditions, laughter, and joy. My family embodies all of these things. Without them, I would be one lost soul. I am beyond-words thankful for my family.
Let's start with my dad- I love our evening phone chats, our coffee talks, and our UMaine bond.
My younger brothers are delightful. Greg and I had a our fair share of arguments growing up, but I'll always be thankful for the fun times we've shared, especially as we've gotten older. William provides a burst of youthful excitement every moment I share with him. It's a joy being their older sister.
Next, my step-dad, Arnie, who makes my mom happy and loves Greg and I as his own. For that, I'll always be thankful.
My "in-laws" remind me that family can grow and evolve over time. They are generous, kind people.
K.C. is my sweetie. He makes me laugh everyday. For that, I am thankful.
Finally, my mother, who I can't say enough about. She inspires me to be a better person, to make healthy choices, and to live a full life. She's a giver, a nurturer, a cheerleader, and a friend. She's understanding, patient, and talented. She's what I am most thankful for everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment