Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Still Thankful- Day 23

As the title states, I only have a few more "Thankful" blog posts to share. I didn't necessarily save the best for last, as all of my thanks have been heartfelt and thoughtful. I think, however, that my last three posts are probably ones that perhaps I think of quite often. Today's for example, is a sentiment I think of on many occasions, but have never actually given thanks for.

Today I am thankful that I am 28, not 18. It sounds simple enough and perhaps a bit silly, but it's true! At 28 I am more confident, more independent, and more "myself" than I could have even imagined at 18. The older I get the more I adjust my priorities to better fit what's important. The older I get, the more comfortable I am in my own skin. The older I get the more I am like my mother, which as it turns out, is the best compliment someone could give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment