Sunday, January 1, 2012

Time to Sharpen those Pencils



This picture was taken in June of 2011, when my *new* classroom was almost ready to be unpacked. Look how energized and joyful I am to be in my classroom. Can you feel my motivation and desire to plan lessons, rearrange furniture, grade papers, and photo copy?

So, here I am with only one and a half days of vacation left and I have done absolutely NO SCHOOL WORK AT ALL! Where's the motivation? Where's the joy? I think I may have accidently packed it up along with my Christmas ornaments.

I certainly cannot be the only teacher out there who is starting to feel a bit guilty about enjoying her vacation a bit too much, perhaps? However, I will be ready for my sweet kiddos on Tuesday morning. Let me say it again, I will be ready for Tuesday morning. The first day back is always interesting, as all routines and ground rules seem to be forgotten. But, soon enough we'll all be back on track.

Now, where did I put my ID badge and key...?

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain - oh that is my pain/quilt I am feeling. :-) We both will be ready on Tuesday morning. Enjoy the last 42 hours of your vaca.

    ReplyDelete