Sunday, April 3, 2011

Centered Being

Do you consider yourself centered? You know, that peaceful place where you are your best: mind, body, and spirit. Some days I feel a level of contentment that I often associate with being centered, but other days I feel about as centered as a tilt-a-whirl.

This summer I'm taking part in a three day workshop called, "Centered Being: mind/body wellness education." I am going to take a Master Class to learn how to best center myself. I am also going to become a Centered Being Coach. What exactly does that mean, you might be wondering. Well, here's the information from the company's website:

"You will learn how to help people of all ages to Get Centered -- and live more happy, healthy, and centered (stress-free) lives -- using our unique mind/body wellness coaching model."

On the third day, I'm going to learn how to become a Centered Teacher. Again, from the website:

"Designed for K-12 classroom educators, physical education teachers, activity leaders, home schooling parents, and athletic coaches, centeredteaching encourages teachers to utilize the centeredbeing 8 principles of centering as a classroom (learning environment) management strategy. Specifically, teachers will learn how to use movement, breath strategies, creative game play and positive intentions in the learning environment, to create a more synergetic learning experience for both teacher and learner. Practical teaching strategies for centeredkids (ages 3 - 5 and 6 - 8 years;) centeredtweens (9 - 11 years) and centeredteens (12 - 17 years) are offered. A master class, lecture, role-playing, and discussion opportunities will be integrated into this fun and inspiring workshop."

All in all, I'm really looking forward to this workshop. I think it will prove beneficial in my own life, but hopefully in the lives of my family, friend, colleagues, and students as well.

1 comment:

  1. That does sound interesting. I will love hearing your thoughts on it after you go.

    ReplyDelete