Today, at 2:03 a.m., I turned 29. I joked with my colleagues that it was my "first annual 29th birthday," but in all seriousness, I love getting older. My late twenties are a thousand times better than my early twenties. I am more confident, more settled, more financially stable, more content, healthier, and, of course, more smitten than ever. I thank my lucky stars all the time for my wonderful life. The alternative to celebrating a birthday is pretty grim, so I will always gladly blow out my birthday candles, even though, in quantity, they are becoming more and more of a fire hazard each year.
Here's how I spent my birthday:
5:30: Up and at 'em
7:30-3:30: At school- busy day! Lots of sick kiddos today.
3:30-4:30: Home for a quick bite to eat and a change of clothes.
4:30-7:30: Gym- training session, Zumba, and BodyFlow (yoga/pilates)
7:30-10:00: Shower, dinner, dessert, dishes, ironing, Facebook, and FoodNetwork.
10:00: Bedtime and TopChef season finale.
Overall, it was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment