Today I am preparing a Thanksgiving meal because the meal I eat on Thanksgiving will not be very Thanksgivingish. Instead of turkey, I'll be offered prime rib. Instead of rolls, yorkshire pudding. Instead of pie, cheesecake. Don't get me wrong, I'll find plenty of good things to happily eat on Thanksgiving day, but in the meantime, I need to prepare a traditional meal in order to please my taste buds.
My love of cooking and preparing meals is something I am thankful for. Both my mom and my dad have influenced my culinary skills and interests. My parents have their own unique style of cooking, so for me, it's the best of both worlds. Cooking and baking are my therapy. In my spare time, I read cook books and food magazines. If I could, I'd spend my days trying new recipes or perfecting failed attempts. How lucky am I to have parents who fostered (and continue to foster) this passion of mine?!
No comments:
Post a Comment