Saturday, November 20, 2010

Still Thankful- Day 20


With less than a week to go, Thanksgiving is fast approaching. Although I love Thanksgiving, I really enjoy the day after. It's my family's traditional "Christmas Tree Day." We make a big deal about the tradition. It starts early in the morning, meeting at my mom's house. From there, we venture over to Piper Mountain Christmas Tree Farm (sidenote: my first job was at Piper Mtn. as a jolly gift shop clerk). Once there, we search the tree farm, high and low, for the perfect tree (or three trees now that Greg and I live on our own). Then, inside we go for warm apple cider, homemade donuts, and a new ornament. We always sign up for the turkey raffle and eat a few too many candy canes. Once home, Arnie preps the tree, while Mom and I warm up Thanksgiving leftovers. We eat lunch together and share memories of prior "Christmas Tree Days"- some snowy, some rainy, some quick, some tedious. With William in tow, it's more important now, than ever, to keep the tradition going. I know I will forever be thankful for my "Christmas Tree Day" memories.
Our First Tree Together- 2006

Chilly and Damp- 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment