Friday, August 20, 2010

Cheer for the Purple and White



I graduated from Hampden Academy in 2000, with a class size of approximately 180. Tomorrow is my 10 year high school reunion. Wow! How did ten years go by so quickly?

Truth be told, I no longer stay in close contact with many of my high school friends. The few who I remain close to are not geographically close, so this reunion will be a great chance for me to catch up with everyone. I enjoyed my high school years for the most part. I still hear our catchy school song in the back of my mind (where it shall stay because I'm a horrible singer). I'm happy to say that I was friendly with almost all of my classmates, but if I could do it over I'd give myself more confidence and perhaps a better wardrobe.

I hope that this reunion will give us a chance to celebrate the ten years we've been apart, but also to remember the many years prior we spent learning and playing together. I hope we are all wiser, kinder, and more accepting of each others' differences.

I'm not exactly in the place I thought I'd be ten years out of high school. I thought I'd be married, with a child (or two), living somewhere outside of Maine, teaching or enjoying being a stay-at-home-mom. Instead, I still have to mark "single" on every official document I fill out, but am in a long-term, committed relationship. I am without a child of my own, but have an amazing 4 year old brother. I live 20 minutes from my parents and enjoy it! I love my job and am thankful for the professional development it has offered, as I never expected to earn my Master's degree (free of charge!). All in all, I'm very happy with where I am and the path I've taken since my years as a "Bronco." I can't wait to hear and see how everyone else turned out!

1 comment:

  1. Funny, I am going to attend Glen's 30th reunion tomorrow, and I can't believe it has been that many years. I hope that I see some of the people that were seniors on the track team when I was a little freshman! Have fun! We'll have to compare notes.

    ReplyDelete