Wednesday, June 23, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond!

Before I delve into the somewhat embarrassing details of my gym routine, I want to give a shout out to Toy Story 3. Will and I had a movie date this afternoon. He behaved perfectly well, despite the fact that he's too light to keep the movie seat down, so he sat through most of the movie at a 45 degree angle. What a trooper. The movie was funny for both a 3 year old and a 28 year old. I teared up a bit at the end, but as one of my students told me on the last day of school, they were just "tears of joy." All in all, it was a great day! When dropping off Will at home, I even got a kiss and a hug goodbye, which is quite the treat! He's a bit stingy with his affection these days.

Okay, now for the gym update. I've been going to BBAC for three weeks now. During those three weeks I've tried four classes (listed in order from most to least favorite): BodyCombat (cardio/mixed martial arts), BodyVive (cardio/conditioning), BodyPump (weight training), and BodyFlow (yoga/pilates). Unfortunately the summer schedule isn't as ideal as I'd like it to be. Most of the classes are offered at 6am or 6pm. The 6am classes are pretty brutal, but I'm getting used to them.

In summary, I've gone to the gym for 1 hour+ of cardio, 16 out of the 23 days of June. I haven't lost any noticeable weight yet. I mean, a pound and a half, maybe. Yesterday, K.C. played golf and lost six pounds after 18 holes. Given, it was due to dehydration and his entire body cramped up afterward, but still. So, I can't seem to lose weight, but I have definitely started to tone up. My arms, legs, butt, and back are noticeably more defined. My abs, on the other hand, are still a work in progress. I feel stronger and healthier. I guess that's what it's really all about. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment