Friday, June 4, 2010

Out of Shape

Happy National Doughnut Day!!

In other news, I joined a gym this week. I've wanted to lose ten pounds and gain a boat-load of muscle for a while now. I suppose I just thought the fat would magically transform into muscle. Denial. Wishful thinking. Laziness.

I tried a class on Wednesday called "BodyPump." It consisted of cardio/weight training. I started out strong: lifting the bar easily, moving to the music and accurately keeping my form. And then (insert dramatic music here) the fat started to outweigh the minimal muscle. By the end of the class I could barely keep up. At one point we were doing push ups and I think I maxed out at 1 and 1/2 push ups, off the ground by only two inches. I gracefully ended the workout on the floor, face down...not quite sure if I'd ever be able to push myself back up. Can you say, out of shape much??

So, that's it. I'm sore, but happy. I'm tired, but motivated.

1 comment:

  1. Before you know it, you will be doing more than you thought you could. :)

    ReplyDelete