As I predicted (because let's face it, I wasn't going to write any sooner), the twin munchkins were born on April 13, 2010! Emma and Olivia are happy and healthy and are already much loved. I am thrilled to finally have a girl to buy for (times two)! I'm a sucker for pink, purple, ruffles, flowers, and anything whimsically sweet.
Vacation started five hours ago and I am already loving my freedom. Truthfully, I've yet to really kick back and relax until right now, but nonetheless, I don't have to plan a lesson for a whole week, and that is awesome! Although I don't have any exotic traveling plans, I do have a busy week ahead. I'm sure it will go by way too quickly, but the silver lining: only 7 weeks left of school after vacation. Oh, it's so close I can almost smell (freshly cut grass), hear (ice cream truck), feel (sun!), and taste (popsicles) summer vacation.
As I end for the night, I can't stop thinking about a good friend who is moving with his family this summer. It's a bittersweet emotion, as I'm proud of his family values, but sad to lose him as a colleague. Here are some fun facts about Mankato, Mn to lighten the mood:
1) It is currently (Fri 8:11pm est) 59 degrees and breezy.
2) In 2008, Mankato was named one of the nation's 100 Best Communities for Young People by America's Promise.
3) Mankato was originally called Mahkato, meaning greenish blue earth to Mankato’s first inhabitants, the Dakota Indians. An early spelling error was never corrected and Mahkato became Mankato.
4) Mankato is approximately 1,650 miles away and is located in the Central Time Zone
No comments:
Post a Comment