Normally a bit of depression kicks in on the Friday of vacation week, naturally due to the impending end of week long freedom and bliss. Today, however, I don't feel a bit of sadness or anxiety about vacation ending. Don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly jumping for joy either! I think I'm just anxious for Spring to get here.
I enjoyed a "staycation" this week (read: too broke to go anywhere warm and inviting). So, I did a bit of mundane cleaning and school work. I also attempted to work out everyday, today being somewhat of the exception. I say somewhat because I'm not going to the gym, but I'll be shoveling 6-12" of wet, heavy snow by nightfall. So, I'll break a sweat nonetheless. Now with all of this exercise you must think, "wow, she must be wasting away to nothing." HA- not true!! I find it a bit more challenging to stay on my regular eating routine during vacation week, so in essence, everything is status-quo. No loss, no gain...the usual state of existence.
I didn't do a lot of wedding planning this vacation. I was going to try on dresses with my mom, but we postponed the shopping trip for a couple weeks. I had my first wave of wedding anxiety and stress earlier in the week, simply feeling overwhelmed and under prepared. But, was reminded that the wedding is 9 months away, which gives me plenty of time to make it beautiful. Essentially, I'm finding it a bit difficult to envision my day. I think having a wedding coordinator will be great in the long run, but I feel a bit disconnected right now. I knew this would happen, given my affinity for planning and details.
On an entirely different note, I tried a new cookie recipe yesterday: Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies. Yum! I got the recipe from the most recent Woman's Day publication. They made their debut yesterday for a friend's birthday and for a work potluck (his, not mine). My coworkers will get to try them in a few weeks when I have "Fat Friday" snack duty. Today I'm going to try a baked pancake recipe. It starts with sauteed apples (with cinnamon and sugar, of course) and then the pancake batter goes into the hot skillet and then bakes (and hopefully puffs!) in the oven. I think I'll document the process with pictures and post about it tomorrow.
Until then, think Spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment