Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Baking and Other Things



My mom and I spent a whole day (9 hours or more) baking together last Sunday. It was bliss. Between chatting, singing, playing with William, eating, and visiting, we managed to bake 5 dozen sugar cookies, 4 dozen crunchy peanut butter balls, 4 dozen needhams, and 5 dozen smooth peanut butter patties.





At home I've been busy in my kitchen too. I decorated the sugar cookies on Monday night. Last night I baked peanut butter kiss cookies. Tonight I'm baking cranberry bars. After tonight though, I'm hanging up my apron and putting away my Kitchen Aid until after the holidays.

And now, onto my upcoming busy schedule. I look forward to celebrating Christmas with Jenn's family tomorrow night. We always try to get together for dinner before the actual holidays begin.

Then on Friday, Christmas Eve, we're celebrating with KC's family. Usually his mom is in Florida for Christmas, but this year she decided to postpone her trip until early 2011. It will be nice having his family around for the holidays. He probably gets sick of mine...we practically ooze Christmas spirit. :)

Finally, on Christmas day, I can't wait (and I mean CAN'T WAIT) to get to my mom's early to see William enjoy the magic of Christmas morning. We'll have a lovely breakfast together after the unwrapping is done. Then, KC and I will be off to my Memere and Pepere's house for our traditional Christmas luncheon. I love spending time with my aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents on Christmas Day. It's loud, hot, and cramped, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Next, we'll spend time with my dad for coffee and a few gifts. I love having a little down time after a busy afternoon. Finally, KC and I will head home and enjoy Christmas evening together, just the two of us.

It's a busy day, but without kids of my own, it's manageable. I love the craziness that surrounds December 25. Keeping traditions alive and being with my family are the best gifts I could give and receive.



Happy Holidays, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment