Summer vacation has peaked, as of yesterday, in terms of length, not excitement. So, I'm on the downhill fast-track toward the next school year. I find that the first couple weeks of vacation go by relatively slowly. By the time July rolls around, the festivities of July 4th designate a summer vacation landmark: full blown summer! For me, July is summer. This July, with the heat and humidity, has been the epitome of what summer in Maine is all about.
In terms of inspiration, I have some now and am excited to share it on here! I have a new camera (Canon Rebel T2i), which I'm still learning how to use. It's a graduation gift from my mom. Thanks again, Mom! This weekend I'm going to Boston. I plan on taking a lot of pictures for practice and pleasure. I'm always intrigued by others' photos, so I hope I can intrigue others with mine some day! Plus, having quality photos of my friends and family means a lot to me and my old camera just couldn't take the kind of pictures I desired.
Back to the notion that summer vacation is half over, I think it's appropriate to evaluate my progress on the summer goals I created for myself a month ago. As a reminder, here they are:
1. Clean/clean out the house
2. Prime/paint the front steps and garage door
3. Attack my summer reading list
4. Exercise!!
5. Eat well
6. Spend time with William
7. Play golf with my Memere
8. Ryan Montbleau Band concert in Boston
9. Weekly girl time with Jenn
10. Revamp my Reading, Writing, Math and Science units/lessons for 2010-2011 school year
My evaluation:
1. Cleaning the house is a work in progress. A slow work in progress.
2. Everytime I drive in my driveway I cringe at the sight of my steps and door, but I've yet to paint them. No excuses.
3. I've only read a couple of books this summer, not including cookbooks, which I love, love, love to read! I have a few more books on my list that I'd enjoy starting (and finishing).
4. I'm exercising almost everyday and loving it!
5. I'm eating well also. I've recently tweaked my already relatively healthy diet to add a bit more lean protein and to decrease the amount of mindless carbs and sodium I'm prone to snack on. Also, I'm trying to be more aware of the amount of food I'm eating and I'm drinking more water, which honestly has helped me control the mindless munchies (turns out I was dehydrated a lot).
6. I've spent some time with Will. I'd like to do more with him this summer. He's growing up so fast!
7. I've only golfed once this summer, but have plans for a few get-togethers in August.
8. The RMB concert is this weekend!!
9. Jenn and I have seen each other quite a bit this summer. Believe me, on the days we don't see each other we're on the phone a few times!
10. Ahh...the school-related goal. Well, I have worked on some lesson-planning and I'm in the beginning stages of mapping out my year. I've actually spent a good amount of time working on an ASD (Austism Spectrum Disorder, also known as PDD, Pervasive Developmental Disorder) Resource Binder, as part of a personal/professional goal. Although I hope it becomes something I add to, it's "done" for now.
So, I'm pleased with my overall progress. I suppose I would earn a "3" on my summer report card, which means I'm making adequate progress toward the end-of-summer standards. Ah, yes, I think I'll end on that nerdy note.
No comments:
Post a Comment