Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Deliquent Blogger Alert!

I was informed today that I haven't updated my blog in 13 days and therefore, was probably losing followers. Oops! The informant shall remain nameless, but point well taken. I guess I've had a busy two weeks.

I'm taking a class this semester that has me meeting not only once a week for the actual class, but every Saturday as well. The Saturday portion of my class consists of taped sessions of "counseling." I have to review the tapes, critique them, learn from them, and then try again the next week, and the next week, and so on. Between the taping sessions, the critiquing, the reading, and the paper writing, it's definitely a time consuming class, but I am liking it a lot. Taking classes makes me feel energized and connected. I also love the classes I'm taking because I know they are making me a better teacher... a more effective teacher. That's what it's all about!

I had two birthday boys to celebrate with recently. K.C. turned ?? and Lukas turned 1! K.C. and I celebrated with my family, since his mom is in Florida. My brother William gave him a stuffed animal, Manny the Woolly Mammoth, from Ice Age. After K.C. opened the gift, William pulled his own Manny out of his backpack so that they could play together. :) Such a thoughtful gift from a three year old "brother-in-law." Love it!

Lukas' first birthday was fun, although I failed to take any pictures. He enjoyed the cake, his new wagon, and listening to us sing "Happy Birthday." It's hard to believe it's been a whole year! Here's a flashback for everyone to enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment