Monday, January 11, 2010

What's For Dinner? A Crock-Pot Adventure

I adore food. I read cookbooks for fun, watch FoodTV everyday, enjoy grocery shopping, love trying new cuisine, and am happiest when I'm cooking or baking in my kitchen. Given my interest in everything edible, I hope to share some of my successful recipes on this blog from time to time.

Tonight's dinner was super easy. I mean, mindlessly easy. K.C. had been craving pulled-pork for weeks, so yesterday I found a crock-pot recipe online that seemed too good to be true.

Here's the recipe:

4 lbs pork roast (shoulder or butt)
2 large onions, sliced
1 cup gingerale
1 18 oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's)

1. Slice one onion and place in bottom of crock-pot
2. Put in roast and cover with the other sliced onion; Pour gingerale over roast; Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
3. Remove meat and onions; drain liquid.
4. Shred pork with two forks and return pork and onions to crock-pot.
5. Cover with BBQ sauce (mix together) and cook on LOW for 1-2 hours.

That's it! Four ingredients and very few steps. The meat fell off the bone and much of the fat had melted off. Steps 3 and 4 took about five minutes. Next time I'll use a spicier BBQ sauce, for added heat.

Happy Crock-potting!

1 comment:

  1. YUMMMM......this is going on my list of things to make. I think I'll try it this weekend. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete